Fighting For Clients Every Day
At Star Law, PC, we help clients navigate the law when the law becomes personal. Whether you’re trying to stay in the United States legally or you’ve been charged with a crime, our legal team offers straight-forward answers and quality representation.
- DUI litigation: DUI is one of the most serious traffic offenses you can be charged with. Each case is unique and has different challenges that come along with it. As an experienced DUI litigator let me bring that experience to your case and make sure your rights are vigorously defended every step of the way. Remember: you always have the right to refuse both field sobriety evaluations and any request for a test from the officer.
- Felony or misdemeanor drug charges: Being charged with a drug crime can be very serious. You risk your freedom, your livelihood, and potentially your future. It’s important to know that any conviction for a drug charge, including marijuana, makes you ineligible for federal student loans. You have rights under the Constitution. Let me ensure your rights are protected throughout the legal process.
- Traffic tickets: Traffic tickets in Georgia are misdemeanor criminal offenses that have a far-reaching impact beyond simply paying a fine. Certain traffic tickets can result in you facing mandatory time in jail and/or having your license suspended. If you are under 21 years old these effects can be made worse based solely on your age. Let me advocate for you and get you the best outcome possible.
- Violent offenses: A charge for a violent offense can be devastating, especially if the offense is between family members. Many times convictions can see you lose certain Constitutional rights, such as the right to bear arms under the Second Amendment for the rest of your life. Allow me to defend you in this important matter.
- Capital Defense: Capital cases are the most serious cases in criminal law with the harshest penalties, including life in prison and even the death penalty. In times like this, you need someone who is going to stand by your side throughout the entire process. You need someone who is going to make sure your rights are protected, and the best defense possible is presented. Let me be your advocate and voice both in and out of the courtroom.
- General criminal defense: No matter what crime you have been charged with, you have Constitutional rights that must always be protected. Let me make sure your rights are protected and be your advocate both in and out of the courtroom.
- Divorce, legal separation and annulment: Whether facing the end of a marriage, looking into legal separation or trying to get an annulment, the legal process for marriages in court can be lengthy and complicated. You may face many different decisions and consider how certain parts of the marriage will be divided including:
- Child custody
- Visitation rights for both parents
- Child support
- Alimony and
- Division of property
- Child custody: At Star Law PC, I know your children are the most important thing to you, but child custody with a former partner can get both complicated and contentious. Let me help you through this and make sure you have a voice in the courtroom and in your child’s life. I will fight for you throughout the process to find the best resolution for you and your family.
- Protective orders: When a relationship becomes violent your safety is the number one priority. I urge you to quickly call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233 who can put you in touch with trained advocates. All calls are anonymous and confidential. If you believe you need a protective order to protect yourself and your family please call Star Law PC. I can assist you in filing a petition with the right court, represent you during the hearing and make sure you are protected.
- Criminal defense: Criminal charges can be scary as an adult but can be even worse for a juvenile. In Juvenile Court these are called “delinquent acts” but they are criminal charges. These charges are subject to similar penalties, including time in jail, but your child is entitled to the same rights as any adult. Let me advocate for your child and help get the best outcome possible.
- Dependency proceedings: The taking of your children is one of the most drastic measures the State can take against you as a parent. If you have been accused of leaving your child in a dependent condition and are being faced with a DFCS case, call Star Law PC today and let me help you through this process.
- Criminal appeals: If you feel like you have been wrongly convicted of a crime I understand you may be upset and frustrated with the legal system. But your case does not end with your conviction. After trial, you have the right to appeal the jury or judge’s decision. I am here to review the decision of the jury, the prosecutor, the judge and even your trial attorney to make sure your rights were not violated and the state was held to their burden of proof. Let me help you challenge your conviction in both the Court of Appeals and Supreme Court, but please call today as you are limited in the amount of time you have to file your appeal.
- Habeas Corpus Petitions: If you feel your constitutional rights have been violated in any way you may be entitled a writ of habeas corpus. Contact me today and let me make sure your rights are protected.
Wills And Estate Planning
- Wills: A will is an effective and cost-efficient vehicle to transfer assets from one generation to another, where tax planning is not required. I will work with you to draft a will that addresses your needs and any trusts necessary to meet your goals.
- Life planning: In addition to a will, it is important to have documents that explain to your loved ones your wishes. Let me help you set up:
- Power of attorney
- Living will
- Advanced health care directive